Our Journey to Mia Grace

Saturday, February 2, 2008



Sadly, we put Butde on a plane today. She had to get back to Winter Park to be with Papa and their guests that were also arriving today (can you believe it?). What a blessing she was to us. You know, I don't know of too many people who can spend over 2 weeks with their Mom, in a 24/7 fashion, and then be sad to see them go. I am one of the grateful few.

I enjoyed every minute of our time in China and could not even imagine a different traveling companion to stand in for my wife. We had lots of fun, she always had a great spirit, and was so incredibly supportive. Even after we got home...it was as if Butde was oblivious to jet lag. She was up and at 'em early the next morning...cooking, cleaning, laundering, and just all around being available for whatever we needed.

And now that she's gone, reality sets in. Just the two of us taking on the world of bottles, crawlers, and diapers. Well, pseudo reality I suppose. We're fully "game on" in two weeks when I go back to work...

See ya soon, Butde. You have 2 granddaughters who miss you already!

No comments: