Our Journey to Mia Grace: we're home (again)!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

we're home (again)!




























Some of you may have heard that we had to admit Mia into Children's Mercy on Monday due to a staff infection in her ear. Originally they feared that she may have developed mastoiditis - which would've been an even bigger deal. Fortunately, a C.T. Scan showed no such thing. They did have to perform a small surgery to drain the ear canal, keep her on an I.V., and coup her up in room #329 for 3 days. But we are now home and have one happy little girl back!




more to come.






3 comments:

annie said...

Were you guys at south? I was working on 2nd floor on Wed. I wish I would have known you were there, I would have requested to take care of you guys! Hopefully you won't have to visit us again! Hope your stay was good and that they spoiled her rotten. That's one of our specialties. ps. This is Bruce Wagar's wife, Ann. :)

The Hastings family said...

Hi Dan and Elise,

I am soooooo happy that Mia is doing better. We have had a sick baby
on our hands too. Kaylee has bronchitis and has been on a nebulizer for
the past week.Today she is going to start on an antibiotic, since it has not gone away. Mia and Bri are so cute. I would
love to share some pics with you from when we were in China. Let me know
if you are interested. We could put them on a cd with GOTCHA DAY too. I
believe you have some good red couch pics that i would like too.Our new blog is... http://kayleemakes4.blogspot.com/
Talk to you soon,
Emmie

Chris Crabtree said...

I'm glad Mia is better! I've been thinking of your family! I'm sure you were so worried about her.