Our Journey to Mia Grace: Dialogue Exchange of the Week:

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dialogue Exchange of the Week:

Mom has been an incredible wingman for Mia and me. She loves Mia so much but knows how important it is that the first female she attaches to is her Mommy. So, with great restraint, she makes sure that I care, nurture, comfort, and play with Mia the most. It's about a 95%/5% ratio in care, I'd say. She also truly lets me parent, follows my lead, and goes with whatever I decide - not to mention that she preps all the bottles, washes all the bibs, and fetches all our needs. It's pretty dang amazing.

However, the minute HER BOY gets sick, as I did yesterday,...suddenly, we see the Sallie we all know and love. The Sallie that I and my 3 brothers affectionately call "BUZZSAW". At my first cough, she sprang into action - pulling out more remedies and concoctions than a witch doctor - Airborne, Ecclanesia (sp?), Tylenol, Sudafed, tea, water, and the like. I mean, she is watching me like a hawk. (I also just picked up what appears to be cough medicine at the local pharmacy. Nowhere on the box's label could I decipher the words "cough medicine" nor did I see a diagram of a person coughing....But after mimicking a cough and rubbing my chest four times in a circle the pharmacist nodded and handed me the goods. Hopefully, it will heal me. Perhaps it will only soothe me. In the least, I could be in for one nice Asian ride.)

Anyhow, given my Mom's new resurgence into motherhood, I offer you the below conversation from last night.

Mom: Dan-boy, I think you feel hot.

Dan: Yeah.

Mom: Let's take your temp.

Dan: Okay.

Mom: Where's the rectal....?

Dan: RECTAL! I think you're taking the 'Mother-Son Adventure' thing a little too far!!!

Editor's Note:
in fairness to Mom, she was just wanting to make sure that I did NOT get the rectal thermometer.

No comments: